we were never made to live like that

4:29:00 PM

.5 seconds cause an uproar 
when thousands ache and turn their faces for the light of justice
you’re supposed to give them

but you turn your back and hide your children
this is the way the world is,
you tell them

but no
this is the way the world is

they don’t look like you
so thus, they look like darkness
and you turn your back
without bothering to open your eyes
and see
their hearts are gold

and yours are made of ice

no wonder they don’t like you

but go ahead
reject it all
go ahead and turn your backs
it won’t make a difference
you’ll rear others like you
and die happy
knowing you’ve saved the world from it’s evils
by turning your back
on everything that is not like you

go on ahead

but i’ll tell you this
your God won’t like it 
even though you say He does

and i, i will run towards them
turning my back on you
screaming
we were never made to live like that
and die happy
knowing i’ve done a little to save the world from it’s evils
by not turning my back 
on everything that is not like me 

~

i'm the most sporadic blogger ever. *hides in a corner* 

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. tell me the story behind this. what this means. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was inspired by some thoughts/conversations about what I guess you could call modern-day Pharisees. people with stones in their hands who don't stoop and write in the sand with love.

      Delete
    2. yo. that's the best description i've ever heard. it's good. it's thought-provoking. gotcha. x

      Delete
  2. ---I'm so feeling this oh my gosh. Keep writing powerful stuff like this. You go girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. "we were never made to live like that
    and die happy"
    <<<< WHOA. THIS.

    were you actually inside my brain bleeding out my own frustrations and boiling rage???? BECAUSE I THINK YOU READ MY MIND. wowowowowowowWOOWOWOWOW

    this is fREAKING BEAUTIFUL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GAAAHH Abbiee thank you so much for commenting. fills me up to know i'm not the only one raging over this. yikes. <3 more is coming on this so stay tuned.

      Delete

Subscribe